Handy Bikes LLC has an outstanding reputation and is highly regarded in the community. Successful applicants will be those who can best uphold those high standards and continue to build on them. We WILL train the right person in bicycle mechanics if they have the right attitude, values and mindset, but we will NOT hire someone who is lacking in those areas, regardless of their mechanical ability.
Here are some details:
- Knowledge of basic bicycle mechanics
- Prior shop experience required
- Strong customer service expertise
- Desire to learn new skills & equipment
- Current hours are noon til 6p weekdays and 11a-2p weekends, but it’s very flexible and will expand as we continue to grow. Nights, mornings, and weekends will all become available. This is a permanent part-time position so there will be plenty of hours available if you want them.
- Ability to work in the fast-paced and often chaotic world of a bike shop
- Strong attention to detail
- Starting pay $15/hr (with no prior shop experience) to $20-25/hr (with prior shop experience – with management and/or sales experience).
Please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in setting up a “working interview”, where you’ll have the chance to come check out the operation while we spend some time interacting with customers and working on bikes for an hour or two.